Saturday 29 September 2012

2D DIMENSIONAL PROJECT : SELF PORTRAIT OF MOTHER NATURE.




YUP! Yet another one of my very own self portrait. 
Mr charles gave us a brief introduction about self portrait during Contextual Studies and showed me a clear understanding of what is self portrait all about. 
Now, you must be wondering what on earth am I talking about in my caption? Well, in our 2-dimensional class, Mr Charles asked us to make our own SELF-PORTRAIT out of our creativity. 

Instead of drawing, painting and etc, Mr charles told us to make our own, SELF PORTRAIT by using organic /natural materials. Also known as ''TRASH''. Haha. 
I was thinking '' TRASH''? It's something different that i wanted to try and apply. 

So, I basically collected all my trashy natural materials that i can find and design my own SELF PORTRAIT! I love doing all this because MOTHER NATURE is so important to me and by designing this, will mean a lot. 


In class, i was preparing myself and started to outline my drawing and apply my creativity on to a white sheet of paper. Whatever i have applied it all comes with brainstorm, then the work in progress. 
HERE IS MY '' DESIGNING IN PROCESS''. 


SELF PORTRAIT IN PROCESS...



TADAAAAAA! I know it looks simple. Because this is just the process in making. Every single detail here, is made out of the materials i took from home. Yes, people might think i could use better materials, but look at it the other perspective, i used materials that represents my look. And it came just the way i expected it to be. You dont have to buy materials, u could just dig up your trash bin and you could find something :D

I decided to go towards surrealism because it lets me use my imagination to create something out of these materials. Using such simple materials can also do absolutely anything i can think of. 


Moving on, NOW i would like to show you my FINALE of my own SELF PORTRAIT. I improvise it by using more of MOTHER NATURE stuff!!!



JENG JENG JENGGGGGG!! Here is my very own ORGANIC SELF PORTRAIT. Okay, i'm going to tell you what exactly i used for this SELF PORTRAIT. 

For my hair, of course we needed something long , so i used strings to symbolise as my hair and then decorated it with BLUE/YELLOW paper crepes and some leaves to bring out the contrast.  As for my eye brow, i picked out PINK STRINGS and my eyes, i used black seeds to symbolise it as my pupil and oats as my eye ball. 
Where as, my nose, i decided to use brown strings and some white seeds to create the texture. White flowers were for my lips and sticks/black pepper seeds were for my jaw. 

Everything else, i used to decorate it to represent myself. All this materials have no cost and its free!!! That's what i like about it. Picking up anything in the trash and I don't have to come out with any cent. 

One thing i love about this PORTRAIT, is because i can keep it forever and when i grow up, i could look at it again and give a good laugh about it. (lol) 

REMEMBER, think imaginative and you could do wonders !! 


Facial expressions of me. 


Till then! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment